1. For practical examination, no external examiner will be appointed. Practicals are to be conducted by the Departments/ Colleges concerned on their own.
2. Sufficient alternative questions will be available in the question paper from w Inch students have to answer only for 50, of the remaining marks.
3. Physical distancing of at least 6 feet to be followed as feasible in the Examination Malls.
4. Use of face covers/masks to be made mandatory, ho all students. invigilators and support staff.
5. Practice of proper hand washing with soap even when hands are not visibly dirty is to be followed. Use of alcohol-based hand sanitizers hold be made available wherever feasible.
6. Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
7. Keeping in view the physical distancing norms, institutions hold utilize maximum space for proper seating arrangement in the examination. 8. Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly maintaining physical distancing norms.
9. Adequate arrangements for safe drinking water (preferably with disposable ups/ glasses) be made in the examination hall.
10. Seating arrangement in the examination hall to be made in such a way that adequate social distancing is maintained.
11. For pen & paper based tests, the invigilator will sanitise his/her hands prior to distribution of question papers/ answer sheets. The examiner will also sanitise their hands before receiving such papers and handing them back to invigilators. The collection and packing of the answer sheet at every stage will involve sanitisation of the hands. The answer sheets will preferably, be opened up after 72 hours have elapsed post collection of papers.
12. Sharing of personal belonging/ stationery shall not he allowed.
13. It the beginning of the examinations. the students are to to the examinations hall ahead of time in an orderly manner. On completion of exam, the candidates will be permitted to move out in the same way.
14. Designated sick/ isolation rooms be arranged in the Examination Centres.
15. The students undertaking the examinations may opt for a different Examination Centre in an, nearby college (should be a affiliated college of Gauhati University) as per his/ her convenience Gauhati University To Conduct UG, PG Final Semester Exams Offline
SOP for Conducting Gauhati University Examinations (Online Examinations)
1. Candidate will login as per time table and they will be able to view Question paper as per schedule. The login id will be sent to their registered mobile nos only.
2. Candidate have to write answers on A4 size paper of maximum 10 pages and need to put page nos at the top right comer of the sheet. In the front page, candidates have to write their Roll Nos, Subject, Paper Code etc. clearly failing which evaluation could not be done.
3. The candidates will ‘scan’ or ‘take photograph’ of the answer sheets clearly by mobile phone.
4. Candidate will upload the photograph or scanned Answers Sheets in pdf format from their own login id.
5. After uploading Answer Sheets – ‘successfully uploaded‘ message will be displayed.
6. Student should rename the pfd file before uploading and the name of the file should be the Registration No and the Subject Code.
7. The University will not be responsible for slow/ poor connectivity of Internet.
8. Student may submit their answer sheets to the nearest colleges under Gauhati University within the stipulated time in a sealed envelope